If you have completed the Linksys RE6400 Setup configuration, your network will not face any decreases in connectivity and will be able to tolerate penetration losses. This also lets your Wi-Fi hit the farthest corner of your room and provides secure, strong and easy access to all connected devices.
Instructions for installing the Linksys RE6400 Setup:
- Place your Linksys RE64000 range extender on the power supply and wait until the LED light is secure.
- Now, you need some computer that is wired to your W-Fi network. Link your Linksys RE6400 Wi-Fi range extender to that system. The method for this is by choosing the default Linksys Extender network name Linksys Extender Setup-xxx and clicking on it.
- Once you are linked to this network, launch the tab and enter extender.linksys.com or use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and then press the search button.
- Now, press Start Configuration Bar to start the Linksys wifi extender re6400 setup.
- The configuration page will appear where you need to input the administration password. Now, enter the network credential that is the same as your wireless network, then pick the next one.
- Now you need to find the right location for your Linksys RE6400 range extender setup for which you can use the spot finder.
- Now, change the default password of your range extender to whatever you want, and save the settings.
The setup is done, and all you need to do is find the right spot to plug in the extender. To do this, you will use the Spot Finder to show you the safest place to plug in your Linksys re6400 and if you find that Place Linksys re6400 extender on that position away from any physical obstacles.
You can come up with a variety of ways to set up the Linksys RE6400 extender. But you need to take certain quick and efficient measures that are described below. The Linksys extender configuration of the RE6400 can be achieved in two ways. One by Browser-Based Configuration and the other by Wifi Protected Setup.
Go down, then, to know the efficient and useful steps.
With the support of this Browser-Based Configuration, you can quickly set up a wifi range extender.
- Firstly, plug in the extender and hold it in between the dead area and your router. You need to make sure that the spectrum of laptops and mobile phones comprises at least 50 percent of the router’s signal power. Otherwise, you can bring the computer closer to your router.
- After that, you’ll have to wait for the LED light to turn into amber.
- You can bind to “linksysextendersetup-XXX” now.
- Open the tab, enter 192.168.1.1.
- Now, you need to follow the username, password and all instructions on-screen.
Wifi Protected Configuration:
You may also use this Wi-Fi safe configuration process to set up a Wi-Fi range extender. You just need to take a few steps to do this. The following steps are mentioned:
- Before going on, you need to make sure your router has an internet connection. Wifi safe configuration is perfect for attaching over wifi with a push-button connection. You need to plug-in the range extender near your router first. After plug-in, the LED indicator light on your computer will glow green for a minute.
- After that, you’ll have to wait for the LED light to turn amber before it goes on. In reality, this step could take more than a minute.
- To expand your router’s 2.4 GHz network, you need to click the Wi-Fi protected range extender configuration button as well as the Wi-Fi protected router setup button. If the LED light blinks amber then the connection is not complete yet, but if the LED light turns to solid green then the connection is successful.
- To expand your router’s 5 GHz network, you need to click the Wi-Fi secure range extender setup button as well as the Wi-Fi protected router setup button. If the LED light blinks amber then the connection is not complete yet, but if the LED light turns to solid green then the connection is successful.
- If the link is completed, you need to unplug your computer and leave it halfway between the dead area and your router.
- Be sure that you use notebooks and mobile phones with a spectrum of at least 50 percent of the router’s signal power. Otherwise, you can bring the computer closer to your router.
- It can take a minute to boot up after you shift the range extender. When that happens, you need to look for the LED lamps.
Now, you should try linking your WiFi devices with the aid of an expanded WiFi network.
Learn about: Spectrum Internet